CHRISTMASTIME IN ENGLISH WINE COUNTRY
Tours Available: DECEMBER 2017
This December we are offering 6-day, 5-night itineraries designed to give you a not only a taste of English wine, but also of the country's festive holiday traditions. Between cellar door visits and free time in London, you'll have ample opportunity to do all of your holiday shopping. Fly home in time to spend holidays with loved ones, or stay a few extra days and celebrate the holidays as the English do. In exchange for a deep discount on a demo tour, guests will help us vet new accommodations and producers. Space is limited!
Day 1: Arrival & Introduction
We will rendezvous at Heathrow Airport, where our motor coach will transport us to our five-star hotel in the heart of London. The afternoon is yours to enjoy the city, join us for high tea, or just rest. That evening we will gather for a private group dinner and wine tasting.
Day 2: The English Countryside
After breakfast at our hotel, the morning is yours to explore London and do some holiday shopping or join us on a tour of one of London's finest museums. Lunch is independent, and afterwards we will depart from our hotel on a luxury motor coach that will transport us to a 5-star hotel and spa in the heart of southern England. We will take in a brief winery tour and tasting that afternoon before gathering for a group dinner at the hotel.
Included: breakfast, dinner
Day 3: Wine & Cheese
We will be setting off just after breakfast to pay a visit to a local cheesemaker, enjoy a group lunch at a nearby pub, and tour a vineyard with one of the region's winemakers. You'll have time to visit one of local villages and take in some holiday shopping and dine independently for dinner before returning to our hotel.
Included: breakfast, lunch
Day 4: Quintessentially English
After breakfast we will start our day with a visit to one of the region's most beloved castles and gardens. We'll take in lunch together before visiting a winery and touring the grounds with the winemaker. After a private tasting, we will dine together at a Michelin-starred restaurant before retiring to our hotel.
Included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 5: Variations on English wine
We'll enjoy breakfast at the hotel before heading to three different wineries across the region to sample some of the different styles English producers are perfecting, enjoying lunch at one of the wineries along the way. We'll return to the hotel in time for an evening to relax and pack for tomorrow's departure.
Included: breakfast, lunch
Day 6: Farewell tour & tasting
After breakfast and check out, we'll take in one more winery for a private tour and tasting followed by a farewell winery luncheon. We'll travel back toward London where you can be dropped off at the Sofitel Heathrow Hotel (we'll help with bookings) or you can continue your stay in the city. We're always glad to assist with bookings and recommendations.
What is included in this tour?
- four nights of double occupancy accommodations in a five-star hotel (single occupancy with $800 single supplement)
- transportation from Heathrow Airport, Terminal Five and return transportation to Heathrow or London
- deluxe motor coach transportation to and from all hotels, wineries, restaurants, and other destinations listed in the itinerary
- most meals (inclusive of wine), as indicated in the itinerary above
- private, behind-the-scenes tours at wineries and distilleries not available to the general public
- all tasting and tour fees
- a knowledgeable wine guide as well as a tour manager onsite
- assistance with shipping wines home and advice on customs regulations
- membership in the Wine Charters Alumni Club, entitling you to discounts and advanced registration for future tours
- access to the tour's private Flickr account for unlimited use of photographs taken by tour guides during the tour