Austin & the Hill Country: A One-Day Wine Tour
This full-day tour provides a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most interesting producers in Texas wine.
We'll meet at 10:00 a.m. at Antonelli's Cheese House where our wine guide will start us off with an overview of Texas wine and some tips on wine tasting. Next Antonelli's will lead us in tasting of expertly paired cheese & wines.
Our deluxe coach will take us to a winery in the heart of the Hill Country where we'll enjoy a catered meal from legendary Franklin Barbecue (no waiting in line!).
We'll be joined by Texas winemaker and Wine for the People educator, Rachel Wilson. She will lead private tours and barrel tastings from two of her favorite wineries.
Our coach will transport us back to Austin where we'll enjoy a group dinner—paired with Texas wines—hosted by one of the city's top sommeliers.
What is included in this tour?
- deluxe motor coach transportation to and from all wineries, restaurants, and other destinations listed in the itinerary
- most meals, as indicated in the itinerary above
- private, behind-the-scenes tours at wineries and distilleries not available to the general public
- all tasting and tour fees
- a knowledgeable wine guide as well as a tour manager onsite
- membership in the Wine Charters Alumni Club, entitling you to discounts and advanced registration for future tours
- access to the tour's private photo gallery for unlimited use of photographs taken by tour guides during the tour